Teaching and Learning Report - March 21, 2019
author: Stephen Hill
Follow-up to last week’s Term One Parent/Student/Teacher interviews
Thank you to all parents who embraced our new arrangements for last week’s Parent/Student/Teacher interviews. It was particularly pleasing to see so many boys in attendance and the attention they paid to the conversations about their learning.
As we noted in previous communication, it was not possible to provide sufficient time slots to guarantee all parents access to an interview with each one of their son’s teachers. I remind parents of the following should you wish to make other arrangements to communicate with your son’s teachers:
- Parents who were unable to book a Parent/Student/Teacher interview time and who would like to contact their son’s teacher(s) regarding his academic progress or learning needs, can do so via email using the teacher email link in PAM. Instructions for this are available in PAM (by clicking on ‘Knowledge Banks’ and then ‘Parent Information’)
- Alternatively, parents can phone the College on 5331 1688 regarding other possible meeting times or contact options.
Parents who were unable to attend the March 12 Parent/Student/Teacher interviews are also welcome to use these arrangements to contact their son’s teachers.
As with any significant change, it is important for the College to get feedback from all members of the community. Please take this opportunity to email either myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Director of Administration, Mr Tom Ferguson (email@example.com) regarding further aspects for us to consider in our planning for the next P/T/S session.
Finishing the term well
One of the hallmarks of this term has been the way the boys so quickly settled into their classes. The Directors of School, our Heads of Faculty and classroom teachers have all commented on the very positive start to 2019. The Year 12 boys have quickly adapted to the expectations and opportunities provided by the new Study Centre and this has already had a positive impact on the boys’ level of preparation and readiness for the first round of School Assessed Tasks.
As we approach the end of Term 1 it is important for all students to finish the term in same positive way as the previous weeks. To do this, all boys should be aware of the following:
- Have I completed all set homework and home study? Regularly reviewing App4 and Learning Areas will ensure that all expectations regarding homework and home study have been meet.
- Do I know what assessment tasks will be taking place in the final weeks? Learning Areas contains all the relevant information regarding assessment tasks and their due dates. Students should be speaking with their teachers if they have any further questions or concerns about these tasks and their due dates.
- Students should be fully aware of any work that has been set for completion over the Term One break. Students studying a VCE Units 3/4 subject should be particularly aware of these requirements.
Congratulations to all boys on your efforts to-date and may you finish the term as well as you started it!