iPads and Notebooks
2020 Digital Learning Device Program
In 2020 the College is merging its Senior and Junior Digital Learning Device programs (also known as the ‘1 to 1 Program’). Previously the Senior students (10-12) had used windows-based laptops while the Junior students had used iPads. To achieve several digital learning outcomes, such as minimising changes to the learning environment for students beginning Year 10, it was decided to standardise on windows-based laptops across the College.
The College runs a managed device laptop program with a prescribed device. Considerable time is spent selecting a suitable device that meets the learning needs of the student over three years, while also remaining affordable for all our families. Significant investment is also made configuring the laptops with software that ensures safety of our students and minimises distractions. All students are expected to have the prescribed device and bring it to school every day.
Students will start the program in Year 7 with a new device that lasts through to the end of Year 9. They will then receive a new device at the start of Year 10 that will last the next three years until the student finishes Year 12. The cost of the device is spread over three years and billed directly to the parents. At the end of each three-year period the parent will own the device.
To assist parents in the transition year there may be some questions about what year level will be using which device:
If you are a CONTINUING student in 2020:
- Going into Year 8 – Students will continue to use their iPad
- Going into Year 9 – Students will continue to use their iPad
- Going into Year 10 – Managed Laptop Program (students receive a new device at the beginning of 2020)
- Going into Year 11 – Students will continue to use their Managed Laptop
- Going into Year 12 – Students will continue to use their Managed Laptop
If you are a NEW student joining the College in 2020:
- At Year 7 – Managed Laptop Program (all students receive a new device)
- At Year 8 – New student will need to bring an iPad (No additional device costs)
- At Year 9 – New student will need to bring an iPad (No additional device costs)
- At Year 10 – Managed Laptop Program (all students receive a new device)
- At Year 11 – Managed Laptop Program (Students can choose a New or Reconditioned device)
- At Year 12 – Managed Laptop Program (Students can choose a New or Reconditioned device)
iPad requirements for NEW Year 8 and 9 students in 2020:
If purchasing a new iPad it needs to be an iPad or iPad Air (not Mini or Pro), Minimum 32GB, Wi-Fi (not cellular). An older iPad Air 2 with the same specifications is also appropriate. A suitable cover can be purchased from the College Shop.
2020 Device Handbooks