iPads and Notebooks
2021 Digital Learning Device Program
The College runs a managed device laptop program with a prescribed device. Considerable time is spent selecting a suitable device that meets the learning needs of the student over three years, while also remaining affordable for all our families. Significant investment is also made configuring the laptops with software that ensures safety of our students and minimises distractions. All students are expected to have the prescribed device and bring it to school every day.
Students will start the program in Year 7 with a new device that lasts through to the end of Year 9. They will then receive a new device at the start of Year 10 that will last the next three years until the student finishes Year 12. The cost of the device is spread over three years and billed directly to the parents. At the end of each three-year period the parent will own the device.
To assist parents in the transition year there may be some questions about what year level will be using which device:
If you are a CONTINUING student in 2021:
- Going into Year 8 – Students will continue to use their Managed Laptop
- Going into Year 9 – Students will continue to use their iPad
- Going into Year 10 – Managed Laptop Program (students receive a new device at the beginning of 2021)
- Going into Year 11 – Students will continue to use their Managed Laptop
- Going into Year 12 – Students will continue to use their Managed Laptop
If you are a NEW student joining the College in 2021:
- At Year 7 – Managed Laptop Program (all students receive a new device)
- At Year 8 – Managed Laptop Program (students can choose a new or reconditioned device)
- At Year 9 – New student will need to bring an iPad (No additional device costs)
- At Year 10 – Managed Laptop Program (all students receive a new device)
- At Year 11 – Managed Laptop Program (Students can choose a New or Reconditioned device)
- At Year 12 – Managed Laptop Program (Students can choose a New or Reconditioned device)
iPad requirements for NEW 9 students in 2021:
If purchasing a new iPad it needs to be an iPad or iPad Air (not Mini or Pro), Minimum 32GB, Wi-Fi (not cellular). An older iPad Air 2 with the same specifications is also appropriate. A suitable cover can be purchased from the College Shop.
2021 Device Handbooks