What Do I Study in VCAL?
A typical VCAL program will include:
- Vocational Studies, which are outcomes based, including:
- Literacy – Vocational literacy including reading, writing and oracy for practical purposes, for self expression, for knowledge and for public debate.
- Numeracy – Vocational Numeracy including measurement, data, money, time and location.
- Personal Development Skills – Project development and management, personal futures and team work.
- Work Related Skills – OH&S, employability skills
- Industry Specific Skills (VET Course/ School Based Apprenticeship/Accredited certificates)
- Industry and Enterprise (Intermediate) and Skills for Further Study (Senior)
- Students will complete studies in Religious Education and Pastoral Care in conjunction with other students in their year level.
There is the opportunity for additional VCAL Structured Work Placements if desired.