Expressions of Interest welcome for SPC School Advisory Council
October 27, 2020
St Patrick’s College
School Advisory Council
Expressions of Interest are welcome for consideration to become a member of the School Advisory Council and/or the Council sub-committees.
The St Patrick’s College community is inspired by the Charism of Edmund Rice and our daily work informed and enriched by the Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) Touchstones. Together, we strive to offer a liberating education, based on Gospel spirituality, within an inclusive community committed to justice and solidarity.
The School Advisory Council plays a key role in the life of the College. It supports and advises the Principal in relation to:
- Faithfulness to the EREA Charter where strategic discussions are underpinned by the Touchstones
- a culture of safeguarding
- The school’s strategic risk register
- School policy, consistent with the broader EREA risk, compliance and policy framework
- Submissions to the EREA Board i.e. strategic planning, annual budget, capital works and master
To ensure that the School Advisory Council is in the best position to support the Principal and the College, it is critical that each member of the Council brings a set of skills, expertise and experience that complements those of the other members, as well as the understanding and knowledge relevant to the School Advisory Council’s responsibilities.
The School Advisory Council is now seeking expressions of interest from the St Patrick’s College community and beyond for new members who are willing to uphold the EREA Charter through a commitment to the College and its mission, demonstrate excellent communication skills and have substantial experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Human Resources
- Marketing, Communication and Public Relations
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Education Industry
- Information Technology
Additional responsibilities of the School Advisory Council include:
- Representation on selection panel for the appointment of senior leadership positions
- Participation in School Renewal processes and summative reviews for leaders
- Providing advice and support to the Principal on any matter referred to it by the Principal, or any significant matter that falls within its delegated responsibilities.
- The School Advisory Council does not approve EREA policies and procedures, but it may assist the Principal to review school specific policies and procedures to confirm that they are consistent with the EREA guidelines.
- School Advisory Council members must be fit and proper persons in accordance with Victorian Child Safe Standards.
- For new members completion of the EREA online formation program – A Discerning Heart.
Vacancies also exist on the Council’s sub-committees of Finance, Building and Public Relations.
Additionally, the College’s Old Collegians Association would welcome new members, especially those with fundraising experience.
All meetings are held during school terms, either on-site or online, and provide the opportunity for you to meaningfully contribute to the broader school community of St Patrick’s College.
For further information and guidance on how to express your interest, please contact Jo McKee, Principal’s Executive Assistant, at email@example.com or call 5322 4412.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday November 18, 2020.