April 3 – College update on COVID-19
April 3, 2020
Dear Parents, Carers and Guardians of St Patrick’s College,
As we come to the end of the first week of the Term 1 break, I would like to take this opportunity to update you regarding the operation of St Patrick’s College for the second week of the term break and what we currently know about the commencement of Term 2.
You will all be well aware that the safety and wellbeing of each member of our community continues to be of the utmost importance in these unprecedented times. As a community, we acknowledge that it is important that we all contribute to efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
At the time of publication of this update, the Victorian Department of Education and Training (https://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/Pages/coronavirus-advice-schools.aspx) was offering the following information to schools regarding the commencement of Term 2:
- School staff will return on Tuesday 14 April. This will be a pupil free day.
- Students will return on Wednesday 15 April.
- The Victorian Chief Health Officer will advise on whether the transition to flexible and remote learning and support should commence on the first student day of Term 2 closer to the time.
- Schools should work with their staff to establish on-site staffing arrangements for the first few weeks of Term 2, in the event that we proceed with the transition to flexible and remote learning and support.
- Schools should also make sure that they have student health and wellbeing support in place for this term. For example, a phone number that students can call if they are feeling anxious or want to talk to a staff member.
In the interim, we have decided to close the College Reception and Shop from Monday, April 6 to Thursday, April 9. It is our hope that both Reception and the Shop will reopen on Tuesday, April 14 before the current expected return date for students on Wednesday, April 15.
We remain aware though that we live in a fast-changing world and the College will follow the advice of governments and our governing authorities should these circumstances and medical advice change.
Any changes to this advice will be communicated to you as a matter of priority.
Ahead of a possible move to remote and online learning we are aware that some families may wish to make direct contact with the College’s ICT team should they be experiencing difficulties with devices and software.
From Monday, April 6 until Thursday, April 9 members of our ICT team will be available, by appointment only, between 10:00am and noon each day in the College’s Spring Boardroom for students and staff to bring in devices for service and repair. Those wishing to make an appointment must do so by emailing email@example.com before arriving onsite.
Should parents, staff and students need to make contact with the College before Term 2 commences, the following contact points continue:
- For student and staff matters (not related to ICT) call Mrs Elizabeth Ryan on 0428 138 945
- For matters relating to fees and finance please call Mr Andrew Ballesty on 0409 010 583
- For Old Collegian or media enquiries please call Mr Paul Nolan on 0418 307 377
- For enrolment or boarding inquiries please call Mrs Caitlin Bennett on 0409 004 324.
- For matters relating to College buildings or property please call Mr John Resuggan on 0459 020 988
Stay home, wash your hands frequently and stay well.
Mr Stephen Hill