Boarding Bulletin Board
October 30, 2020
News around the Boarding Precinct
- Congratulations to our year 12 cohort who are finishing their classes this week, preparing for the commencement of their exam period. We could never have predicted this year and the resilience of this cohort, between extended holidays, remote learning and onsite learning, our year 12 Boarding Students have done the whole community proud and we wish them luck as they begin their final chapter as St Patrick’s College students.
- Congratulations to current year 11 Boarder, Brad Singe, who was recently named the 2021 Captain of Music. Brad is an extremely talented musician, entertaining many with his saxophone and piano playing skills. This is a testament to the hard work Brad continually puts in with his music and the Boarding Community congratulates him on this recognition.
- Recently, some of our Boarders enjoyed the Grand Final weekend, Boarding Style! A special few days of celebrating sport, began with a leisurely walk around the lake, with of course, an ice cream half way around at McDonalds. The Boarders were treated to tasty snacks and Grand Final themed decorations and games while cheering on the teams.
- With many restrictions now easing, many of our Boarders have taken the opportunity to jump straight back into sport, attending Cricket and Football training where possible. The warmer weather have also allowed Boarders to take advantage of running the lake and utilising the College ovals to maintain their fitness levels.
- It appears that a lot of our Boarding students are already looking forward to 2021, and we, as a Community are doing the same. Currently, we are busy planning our new Boarding Student’s Orientation Virtual Tour. We are so excited to be welcoming new boarders to our Community, showing them what it means to be a Boarder at St Patrick’s College and all it has to offer. With an entertaining virtual experience planned, we are looking forward to hopefully ease our new Boarders’ transition in to the College.
- Congratulations to our current Boarders who have returned to the lake for the 2020/21 SPC Rowing Season. This is a large commitment for our Boarders with early morning trainings, camps and afternoon sessions all leading towards the annual Head of the Lake. Good luck to all that are vying for spots in crews.