Boarding Bulletin Board
November 13, 2020
News around the Boarding Precinct
- We extend further congratulations to our remaining Year 12 cohort who began exams this week. As mentioned, this group of young men have shown exceptional resilience and strength throughout a difficult period of time and we are extremely proud of what they have been able to achieve.
- Recently we were able to celebrate the achievements of our Year 12 cohort with a small but entertaining dinner, hosted in our Boarders Dining Room and attended by Boarding and Senior School Staff. It was a wonderful occasion that enabled us to share a meal, share stories and enjoy memories from their time as Boarders. We wish all of the Year 12 Boarders well in their future endeavours, whatever they may be.
- Last weekend we were very lucky to be able to take the Boarders to the Ballarat Go Kart and Laser Force complex, resulting in some entertaining and surprising results. Forty minutes on the Go Kart track certainly allowed for some friendly competition to spark, as well as some eye-opening manoeuvres which provided some funny moments. We were also able to participate in both team and individual events within the Laser Force room which brought out the inner ninja in many of the Boarders. Thanks to Catherine and the team at Ballarat Go Karts to allow us this wonderful opportunity.
- Unfortunately due to the current restrictions, we are unable to host our annual Boarding Orientation Weekend which allows new Boarders the opportunity to spend a few days with us, before joining the College the following year. In leu of this, Mr Silcock and the Boarding staff have prepared an Orientation Video which will give new Boarding Students, an insight into the day to day running of the Boarding Precinct.
- As we continue to look to 2021, discussions were had with the current Year 10 Boarding students around the Year 11 Boarding Prefect Program. This program gives Boarding Students the opportunity to develop leadership skills, represent the St Patrick’s College Boarding Community at varying events and be a representative of fellow Boarding Students. It is a wonderful opportunity and one that we hope the students consider seriously.