Boarding Bulletin Board
November 26, 2020
News around the Boarding Precinct
- Between the week of the 8th to the 15th of November, we celebrated NAIDOC week within the College and Boarding Community. We are very proud of current yr11 Boarder, Corey Bell, and current yr8 Boarder, Dwayne Hayes, who participated in the production of “You can’t ask that”. In a collaboration with Loreto College, our Indigenous students created a fantastic video that is available on both ClickView and YouTube, answering questions some are usually too afraid to ask. Well done to all, especially Corey and Dwayne who stepped out of their comfort zones and in front of the camera
- Another wonderful event throughout NAIDOC week was in partnership with the Victoria Police, Pro Active Unit, where our Indigenous students went kayaking on Lake Wendouree with members of this unit. Plenty of fun was had, some ended up more wet than others, but all had a great time. Congratulations to all that organised this excursion, and to the Boarders who paddled across the water!
- Congratulations to the following Boarders who had their work displayed as part of the VCE Visual Arts and Technology Showcase. A lot of hard work, long hours and plenty of thought went in to all of these pieces and we are extremely proud of what our Boarders were able to produce.
Visual Communication and Design:
Product Design and Technology:
- Recently, six finalists were named in the contention to be awarded the People’s Choice Award for the 2020 St Patrick’s Award for Media (SPAM). Yr12 Boarding Students, Hudson Hair and Archie Pollard were both named as finalists for this prestige award. We are awaiting the announcement of the winner in the coming week; however, we are very proud of the quality of the productions made and congratulate both Boarders on being recognised as a finalist.
- As our remaining yr12’s complete their final exams, we also pass on good luck to Boarders in yrs7 to 9 who will begin their exams shortly. Our current yr10 and 11 Boarders have already began their assessment week and we wish everyone well as this year comes to a close.