Boarding Bulletin Board
February 19, 2021
News around the Boarding Precinct
- We begin this bulletin welcoming back our Boarders who returned home during the snap lock down period. As with many others, this lock down sent our plans in a different direction, however, all are to be commended on how well they adapted to the change.
- Of our Boarding cohort, 22 Boarders remained in the Precinct during the lockdown and conducted their remote learning from their rooms. This also allowed our Boarding Students and Staff an opportunity to show off their cricket, basketball and football skills as many different games and activities were created throughout the five-day lock down.
- On Saturday, February 6 our weekend Boarding Students volunteered most of the day at the Australian Cycle Championships, held throughout the streets of Buninyong. Students were tasked with ensuring that the cyclists were safe around the course and looked after many of the athletes and their bikes. We are extremely proud of the way our Boarders represented themselves and the College throughout the day.
- At the recent Academic Awards College Assembly, the Chris Nolan Awards for 2020 were announced. Chris Nolan awards are presented to the students who finish in the top 15 per cent of their class for particular subjects. We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the following 2020 Boarding Students on their awards:
2020 Year 8 Chris Nolan Awards
2020 Year 11 Chris Nolan Award
2020 Year 12 Chris Nolan Award
2020 VCE Academic Award for Music Performance
2020 Senior Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning
- Unfortunately, due to the snap lock down, we were unable to go ahead with our Term 1 Boarders Family Mass and Dinner. We will be looking to reschedule this wonderful occasion before the end of term so please keep an eye out for the new invitation.
- Head of the Lake has now been rescheduled to Sunday February 21 and we again wish all of the boys from St Patrick’s College good luck on the day, especially current Year 12 Boarding Student, Xavier Hayter, who has been an integral member of the Rowing Program for a number of years.
- Wednesday, February 24 is the annual SPC Swimming Sports. All of our boarders from Years 7 -9 and our Year 12 cohort will be involved in activities all day, while the swimming participants in Years 10 and 11 will attend for their events. This is a wonderful day of sportsmanship and colour which we strongly encourage all of the boarders to participate in.
- The first Exeat weekend this year for all our boarders begins on Friday, March 5 (5pm) until Monday, March 8 (5pm). The Precinct will remain open, however, we do encourage those that can, to take advantage of the long weekend and spend time with family and friends.