Boarding Bulletin Board
March 31, 2021
News around the Boarding Precinct
- Our weekend activities continued with a recent trip to Sovereign Hill. While the weather was not ideal, Boarders enjoyed panning for gold, exploring the mines, and tasting the famous Raspberry Drops! Boarders were also treated to a few games at Laser Force where they pitted their skills against each other and the staff! We look forward to more activities on offer throughout next term.
- Congratulations to current Boarding Students, Sam Scott (12), Noah Chambers (12) and Brayden Purchase (11) who were members of the SPC 2nd XI Cricket Team who successfully dominated the BAS competition and defeated Ballarat Grammar in the Grand Final. Well done to all.
- What a wonderful evening the Boarding Athletics Afternoon turned out to be. We had Boarding Students compete in a variety of activities for bragging rights and the event was highlighted by the staff v students 4x100m relay event and tug-of-war. Fun was had by all and congratulations to Charlie and Nick for coordinating such a wonderful event
- We wish current student Nathan Louw (10), good luck as he travels to the Gold Coast to compete in the National Swimming Championships throughout the second week of the holidays. Well done Nathan and we know you will swim exceptionally well.
- As we depart for the Term 1 holiday break, a number of our Boarding Students will be participating in the 2021 Football Tour in Melbourne. We wish everyone attending a wonderful tour and hope they all have an enjoyable experience.
- Mr Silcock and Ms Ryan are currently visiting with Boarding Families within the Northern Territory. This is a wonderful opportunity for Mt Silcock to meet with many of the parents of our current Indigenous Boarders and offer insights into how the students are transitioning into St Patrick’s College Boarding. We wish Mr Silcock and Ms Ryan safe travels.
- A special thanks to James Torpy who stepped into the role of part-time Housemaster for the past few weeks, along with Mr Larsen who took on the role of full-time Housemaster. It has been a seamless transition and we thank them both for all they have done throughout the last two weeks.
- Our Boarders have certainly had a busy term and are looking forward to the break for the Term 1 holidays. Many of our Boarders will be spending time on family holidays, working on family properties and catching up with friends. We wish everyone a restful and enjoyable break and are looking forward to welcoming all back for Term 2.
- Thursday, April 1 – St Patrick’s College Athletics Carnival
- Thursda,y April 1 – End of Term 1 – Classes finish at 2.30pm
- Thursday, April 1 – Boarding Students Parent / Teacher Interviews from 2.30pm
- Monday, April 19 – Boarding Students return from 5pm
- Tuesday, April 20 – Term 2 classes commence