Boarding Bulletin Board
May 13, 2021
News around the Boarding Precinct
- Congratulations to current Year 10 Boarder, Nathan Louw who recently represented BAS at the Victorian Schools Associations Swimming Championships, held at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre. Nathan was chosen to represent the Ballarat Associated Schools after his recent success at both the SPC and BAS swimming events. Congratulations Nathan and all who represented BAS on the day.
- Congratulations to current Year 9 Boarder, Asher Richardson who recently took out third place of the annual St Pat’s has Talent event. Asher had the crowd on its feet as he performed a dance routine to Michael Jackson’s ‘Billy Jean’. We are all so proud of Asher and hope that he enjoyed his third place prize.
- On Sunday it was wonderful for the boarders to be able to participate in our annual Mother’s Day Mass. This was led superbly by Mr Geoff Brodie in our College Chapel and offered our boarders an opportunity for quiet reflection. We would like to thank the Delaney family for their participation in the event.
- The Year 11 Prefects have hit the floor running this term and under the guidance of Ed de Salis, have implemented and successfully organised “Fun Fridays”. Fun Fridays encourages all of our full-time boarders to participate in fun activities on a Friday afternoon. Last week, these activities consisted of a game of football, tennis and soccer. The winning team were treated to extra desert as an acknowledgement of their skills. This week sees a footy themed afternoon planned for all.
- Weekends in the Boarding Precinct continue to be busy as around 33 of our Boarders take to various sporting grounds as part of local teams in and around Ballarat. We wish all the Boarders well as they continue their seasons within their chosen sports.
- As a number of our weekly boarders utilise public transport to return home for the weekend, a friendly reminder for parents to contact boarding to let us know that students have returned home safely. This can be done via an email to email@example.com or a phone call to 5222 4414
- Congratulations to four of our current Boarders who recently took to the field for the SPC First XVIII Football side in their first BAS match for 2021. Along with the rest of the team, these Boarders dominated against Ballarat High School, contributing to a convincing first win. Well done to Xavier Hayter (12), Noah Chambers (12), Beau Tedcastle (11) and Jack James (11)
- As we conclude Week 4 of this term we are able to reflect on many of the activities that our Boarders have participated in across the College. These include Outdoor Ed camps, VET Sport and Recreation activities, Science excursions and Theatre productions. This is a very busy term for many and we are extremely lucky that members of our Boarding Community are offered so many opportunities to participate in a wide variety of activities.
- Thursday, May 13 – Yr10 One Night of Homelessness
- Wednesday, May 19 – SPC Careers Expo
- Sunday, May 23 – Boarder’s Reconciliation Mass and Family Dinner