Boarding Bulletin Board
August 19, 2021
* Following on from the process of selecting a College Captain and College House Captains, the process of selecting the 2022 Captain of Boarding has begun. Year 11 boarding students have been invited to submit an application letter to the Director of Boarding, indicating why they would like the position and what they may bring to the position. Following this, informal questions, student and staff votes and an interview with the Principal will determine those successful candidates. We wish all that are applying, good luck and we look forward to announcing the 2022 Captain and Vice-Captain of Boarding in the coming weeks.
* Congratulations to the following boarding students who were recently presented with Academic and Chris Nolan awards. Chris Nolan awards are presented to the students who finish in the top 15 per cent of their class for particular subjects.
– Eric Yang (9)
– Daniel Spiteri (10)
– Alec Carthew (10)
* We congratulate all of the boarding students who begin their football finals campaign this weekend. We are lucky that due to the location of St Patrick’s College, boarders have the opportunity to join different clubs around the area. One such final this weekend, will see around eight of our Year 10 – 12 boarding students compete against each other. Good luck to all.
* It is pleasing to welcome back inter-school sport for this term. Boarding students have the opportunity to participate in the following sports on offer;
– Basketball – All years
– 1st XI Hockey – Senior
– Table Tennis – All years
– Soccer – Senior (10-12) and Junior (7-8)
We wish all those taking these opportunities the best and hope you all have fun representing the College.
* Thankfully, when Regional Victoria were released from lockdown 6, it meant that we could offer, once again, weekend activities. These activities allow boarders the opportunity to spend quality time with each other outside of the Boarding Precinct and often offer a way to unleash some energy. This past weekend, a crowd favourite, Xtreme Bounce was on the cards with boarders jumping, dunking and dodging for a solid hour. This weekend we are looking forward to heading to the movies for a relaxing evening.