Boarding Bulletin Board
September 16, 2021
- Following a comprehensive process that has entailed a letter of application, informal questions, student and staff vote and an interview with our Principal and Director of Boarding, we are delighted to announce the following leadership for 2021.
– 2021 Captain of Boarding – Toby Martin
– 2021 Vice Captains of Boarding – Brayden Purchase and Edward de Salis
We have no doubt that these impressive young men will lead the Boarding Community with enthusiasm, reliability and distinction. Already there are some wonderful ideas coming from these future leaders which brings excitement to the Precinct.
- In amongst the confusion of being in lockdown, out of lockdown and back into lockdown, unfortunately for us here at St Patrick’s Boarding, Mr Silcock, our Director of Boarding for the past nine years, announced that he had accepted a job opportunity in Queensland. Please see below, an extract from the letter our Principal, Steven O’Connor, sent to our boarding families:
I am writing to advise you that regretfully, I have accepted Mr Mike Silcock’s resignation from his position of Director of Boarding and Director of Students at the College, effective from the end of the 2021 school year. Mike and his wife, Ainslie have both been offered and accepted positions at St Joseph’s Nudgee College in Brisbane. Significantly, Mike has been appointed to the new role of Director of Boarding at Nudgee.
…Mike’s appointment to this role is significant and reflects the many contributions he has made to the development of the new boarding facilities here at St Pat’s and the important place boarding always has in our school community.
We wish Mike, Ainslie, Banjo and Bodhi all the best as they look forward to their new adventure and thank them all for what they have brought to our boarding community.
- Unfortunately, at the time of writing, Ballarat has since been placed into a snap, seven-day lockdown. Thankfully, we were able to return all of our Boarding Students to their families and guardians and we hope that everyone stays safe and well throughout this difficult and unpredictable time. We look forward to hopefully, welcoming everyone back for the start of Term 4.