Boarding Bulletin Board Term 4 Week 6
November 14, 2019
Boarding Bulletin Board Term 4 Week 6
News around the Boarding Precinct
- The entire Boarding Community would like to congratulate Mr Silcock on his achievement of recently finishing the New York Marathon. On top of this, Mr Silcock also raised over $10,000 for MND Victoria in the lead up to the event. This is an inspirational accomplishment to many and we are all very proud of Mr Silcock’s efforts.
- A thankyou to all the Boarding Staff who continued to ensure that the Boarding Program and Precinct ran as smooth as possible during Mr Silcock and Tam’s Long Service Leave period. Mr Ewen Larson was available to assist with supervision and we thank him for his time with us.
- Once again, we offer our congratulations to our Year 12 cohort who have completed their exams to the best of their abilities. The way our Boarders conducted themselves during this time is to be commended and we certainly could not be prouder of each and every one of them. We are now looking forward to celebrating their achievements at the Valedictory Dinner coming up next week.
- Focus has now turned on to our Year 11 cohort who are in the middle of their exam period. Organisation, preparation and staying motivated is the key for our year 11 students to achieve the best possible results that they can throughout this time. All our Boarders have started well and continue to impress us with their attitude towards the exams. Following on from the exam period, the Year 11s will commence their ‘Headstart’ week, beginning their 2020 subjects, meeting teachers and preparing for next year. This is an important time for the Year 11s, ensuring that they are prepared and well aware of the expectations of their Year 12 subjects.
- Ben, Pat and Ethan, our 2020 Boarding Leaders were recently given the opportunity to attend a GRIP Student Leadership conference at Federation University. This conference concentrates specifically on training student leaders for their roles in the College. The style, topics and content of the conference all focus on what these students can do right now in preparing for the upcoming year. Ben, Pat and Ethan all reported back that they gained valuable knowledge and ideas from this experience and that they are looking forward to sharing them with the Boarding Community.
- It appears that a lot of our Boarding students are already looking forward to 2020, and we, as a Community are doing the same. Currently, we are busy planning our new Boarding Student’s Orientation Weekend. We are so excited to be welcoming over 20 new boarders to our Community, showing them what it means to be a Boarder at St Patrick’s College and all it has to offer. Our new students range in ages and are arriving from all different parts of Australia (and maybe even further!). With an action packed few days planned, we are looking forward to getting to know our new Boarders and hopefully ease their transition in to the College.
- Congratulations to our current Boarders who have hit the lake for the 2019/20 SPC Rowing Season. This is a large commitment for our Boarders with early morning trainings, camps and afternoon sessions all leading towards the annual Head of the Lake. Good luck to all that are vying for spots in crews.
- We would also like to acknowledge and congratulate those boarders who have received an invite to commence pre-season with the Greater Western Rebels Football Program. This is a wonderful achievement in itself and with testing starting this week, we wish all participating well as they progress through the selection process.
Term 4 Up-Coming Events
- Monday 18th November – Tuesday 26th November – Year 12, 2020 “Headstart” Week
- Friday 22nd November – Year 12 Valedictory Dinner
- Tuesday 26th November – Year 11 Final Day
- Sunday 1st December to Tuesday 3rd December – New Boarding Students Orientation
- Friday 6th December – Final Day for Year 7 – 10 (3.25pm finish)