Construction Works – Sturt & Wanliss Rd
October 3, 2019
Regional Roads Victoria is currently upgrading the intersection of Sturt Street and Wanliss Road as part of a significant project to improve traffic flow and road safety in the area.
Work along Sturt Street, near Wanliss Road, will begin in late September, during the school holidays, and is expected to take four weeks to complete. Intersection works over that period will include:
- Removal of two trees on either side of Wanliss Road one week prior to construction works. We have obtained the necessary permit from council to remove the trees
- Closing the service road intersections east and west of Wanliss Road
- Providing a new service road exit west of Wanliss Road and a new service entry east of Wanliss Road
- Relocating the school crossing refuge in the Sturt Street median approximately 10m west
- Constructing a new footpath to connect the school crossing with existing footpath on the service roadTraffic impactsDuring the September/October school holiday period, construction will be carried out between 7am and 6pm. When school returns, work times will be restricted to between 9.30am and 2.30pm to minimise impact to school traffic. Traffic management will be in place and there will be a speed reduction to 40km/h during construction.