Health and Safety at St Patrick’s College
May 21, 2020
As we return to face to face learning there are a few key health and safety messages which students, parents and staff will be required to follow whilst at the College:
Hand sanitiser is located throughout the College. Soap, of course, is available in every bathroom. Each classroom has either hand sanitiser or soap located at entrance points.
Staff and Students must sanitise or wash hands:
- Upon entry/exit to School
- Upon entry/exit to each class
- Before/after using any equipment (internal/external to the classroom)
Please click on the below link to view the poster on how to handwash and handrub.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
If PPE (laboratory coat, safety goggles, gloves, etc.) is a requirement for your son, the following instructions must be followed:
- No sharing of PPE is allowed
- Your son’s PPE must be kept in his locker until the relevant class
- No spare PPE will be provided
As per Government Guidelines the School has disabled water bubblers. Therefore, students are requested to bring clearly named water bottles to School.
Students will be able to fill their water bottles throughout the day using new installed and existing water bottle fillers.
Staff and Students must follow good respiratory hygiene as outlined below:
Please click on the below links to view the above poster on how to protect yourself and your family by covering your cough and sneeze.
- Most importantly, if your son is feeling unwell or has rashes or other symptoms prior to the commencement of the school day then he MUST NOT ATTEND SCHOOL on that day.
- Your son’s medical profile and any medical management plans must be up-to-date. Contact the Sick Bay (Ph: 5331 1688) if you have any questions regarding medical profiles/plans.