July 31 – College update on COVID-19
July 31, 2020
Dear Staff, Students, Parents, Carers and Guardians of St Patrick’s College,
As we move into a new era of mask and facial covering-wearing at St Patrick’s College, we understand there is ongoing concern about the possibility of the College being forced into a closure at some point.
Given that across Victoria, there have been around 80 schools forced into various stages of closure, we need to be prepared for this possibility.
While we reassure you that, at time of writing, there are no current known cases of COVID-19 in our College community, we also need to take steps in case this changes.
If the College is forced to close following advice from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), it is highly likely that we will closed for an extended period of time and may need to transition to remote and flexible learning.
In readiness, the College is asking the following:
- As communicated on July 30, all students and staff must wear masks and/or facial coverings from Monday, August 3.
- We ask all students to begin clearing out their lockers and storing all resources and belongings at home, bringing to school only those required each day. In the event of a closure, you will not be able to access your locker and neither will anyone else.
- IT devices. All staff and students must ensure they are taking their laptops and/or iPads and chargers home each day. Again, to reiterate, if we are closed, there will be no site access.
- Staff and students may also need to consider their teaching and learning resources and folios and personal belongings stored on site. It may be worth considering taking these home. Consider the consequences should you not have access to them for a prolonged period.
- In the event of a closure, the College will abide by the direct advice of the DHHS and will communicate with parents and staff as per those directions. Please be reassured that the College has prepared a detailed action list which will be enacted as soon as we are instructed.
Should you require any further clarification about any of these points please contact Deputy Principal Elizabeth Ryan or Director of Human Resources Lisa Oldham.
Thank you again for your ongoing support and understanding.