Junior School Report
June 4, 2020
It was great to see Year 11 and 12 students return to the College on Tuesday, May 26. Staff, students and no doubt parents were excited to finally see the boys present in classrooms for some face-to-face interaction and learning, and for plenty of socialising in the yard at recess and lunch.
The boys would have noticed some physical changes to SPC as they entered the gates as well as some processes and protocols that have been introduced in response to social distancing and hygiene needs. This is our new normal so accept it and embrace this time with the needed maturity.
Having seen the smooth transition of Senior students back to onsite learning we can’t wait to welcome the Junior School cohort to their classrooms on Tuesday, June 9. We are confident this will be a smooth process as teachers reconnect with their students, establish work routines and enjoy some face-to-face conversation.
It is natural for some to be experiencing some level of stress and anxiety with the thought of returning to the College. If your son is experiencing or expressing concerns please don’t hesitate to contact his Pastoral Tutor, Year Level Co-Ordinator or myself in regard to this, so a conversation can be had. Being aware and informed will make our job a little easier and will help us assist your son as he transitions back to school.
Please continue to keep an eye out on the College’s website and Facebook page for official correspondence, as well as your emails. There has been some change from previously advertised dates, so please take note.
Monday, June 8 – Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend (College closed).
Tuesday, June 9 – Years 7-10 return to on-site learning and teaching.
Thursday, June 25 – Students last day of term, 3:25pm finish (was previously Friday, June 19.
Friday, June 26 – Staff day (report writing etc.)
Monday, July 12 – Term 3 commences, all students and staff normal classes (this previously was a staff professional development day).
- Please note that no Junior School Exams will be on (normally to conclude Semester 1 the boys complete a number of exams in class time).
Upon your son returning please note
- Full winter uniform required (long pants). The college shop is open.
- Spray jacket must be SPC, no Kathmandu etc.
- Hair neat and tidy and no piercings. Phone kept in locker.
- Canteen will not be open before school, a “lunch” time ordering system has been developed (I would strongly encourage your son to bring his own food and drink bottle).
- Traditional bubble taps are no longer, water bottle refill stations have been put in place.
- Ensure your device is fully charged overnight ready for the next day.
- Bags to be stored in lockers as normal.
- Common sense needs to prevail, take social distancing seriously, listen to your teacher and continue to work hard.
- Enjoy and cherish the time to catch up with your mates!
Enjoy time as a family over the Queen’s Birthday long weekend and we are looking forward to seeing the boys in Pastoral Care at 8:55am on Tuesday.
Mr Gavin Webb
Director of Junior School