Middle School Report
May 27, 2021
by Mr Michael Busscher, Director of the Middle School
This week is an ideal opportunity to remind all of our boys about their responsible use of ICT.
All of our boys have been reminded that it is necessary for them to become familiar with the Responsible ICT Usage and ICT Device Protocol documents that are located in App4 under the INFO tab as it is their responsibility to ensure that they are complying with these guidelines at all times. As we need to do, we also seek the support of our parents in helping to educate their son and his use of ICT whilst at home. In summary our boys need to:
– Ensure that personal content on your iPad is appropriate at all times. Any inappropriate images / videos / memes that you have on your iPad either in your camera roll or other apps (iBooks) are to be deleted.
– The following apps – Instagram, snapchat, kik, yellow and tumblr are to be deleted from your iPad permanently.
– Any VPN’s installed (including apps such as Hotspot Shield Free Privacy & Security VPN Proxy) must be removed permanently.
– Full use of your iPad is to be completely transparent, therefore any app that is designed to hide photos, videos, text messages, documents etc are to be deleted from your iPad immediately. This includes, but not limited to apps such as Lock Photos, Private Photo, iVault, Keep Safe Photo Vault, Secret Safe Calculator, Album Lock and The Vault.
If parents have any concerns regarding these Apps they should contact Mr Ian Fernee for further assistance.
All Year 9 Boys will be attending the Year 9 Smart Assk Day on Tuesday, June 15. This is conducted by Ballarat Community Health. Mr Anthony Meehan will also be introducing Morrisby Testing to the boys and they will complete their Beep Testing in preparation for the Term Four Grampians Camp. The objectives include:
1. To increase the knowledge of young people about:
a. The risks of alcohol and other drugs in relation to binge drinking and unsafe partying
b. The support and emergency services available in the community
c. Basic first aid in a party situation
2. To improve attitudes and behaviours of young people about adopting harm minimization strategies to keep them safe in party situations.
Presenters from the following organisations will be providing the break-out sessions.
Ballarat Community Health
St John Ambulance
Year 9 boys will be required to wear their PE Uniform on this day.
Finally, please note the Mid-Year Examination Timetable which will be conducted in week 9 of this term. The Year 9 Examination period starts on Wednesday, June 16 until Friday, June 18. All Examinations are for 80 minutes.
This is the Middle School Mid-Year Examination Timetable:
Wednesday June 16
English (All Streams), Mathematics (All Streams)
Thursday June 17
Friday June 18
I suggest that the following Examination Study Habits be looked at home in preparation for the upcoming Year 9 Examinations. Please click on the following link to view the Examination Study Habits: Exam Help Study Habits (2)
As always, I hope that all of our boys achieve the success they are busily working towards throughout their first semester in the Middle School.
Mr Michael Busscher
Director of Middle School