Middle School Report
July 12, 2022
by Mr Michael Busscher, Director of the Middle School
Welcome back to the second semester of Middle School. This will be yet again another busy term for all of the boys as they begin their journey in preparation for their subject selections for Year 10 in 2023.
I would also like to report back from one of our Community Service partners, Pinarc Disability Support, who told me that a group of boys who had been with them all semester decided to also visit in the school holidays to continue their association with the Pinarc clients. What a truly wonderful experience everyone must have had.
Next week will see the entire Year 9 cohort move to down Melbourne for classes and all in is place to make sure everything runs smoothly. The Melbourne Experience is designed to promote important life skills, such as independence, initiative and responsibility, and provide a real world link to the Year 9 Curriculum.
The Melbourne Experience Objectives include:
· Learn about different aspects of Melbourne
· History, Culture, Arts, Sport, Design and Innovation
· Learn how to use public transport
· How to navigate around the Melbourne CBD
· Develop teamwork and independence skills
· Experience a range of activities across the CBD
· Enhance the Humanities Investigation which is centered around Melbourne
So as you can see, we have been off to a very fast start this term!!
Mr Michael Busscher
Director of Middle School