Middle School Report – March 23, 2017
March 22, 2017
Queenscliff Camp round up:
- Feedback has been very positive!
- Demonstrated teamwork & communication with others
- Support of each other in the various activities
- Boy have been pushed out of their comfort zone
- Overall behaviour was excellent -“ which is a great foundation for the upcoming Melbourne Experience.
Of special note a phone call was received from a volunteer at the Queenscliff Op Shop praising our boys for their polite manners and willingness to engage in conversation. I must also thank the myriad of staff who gave their time to help make this camp the obvious success that it was.
Interaction Day reminder:
- When: Thursday 30th March
- Where: St Patrick’s College and Loreto College
- Time: 9.00am -“ 3.25pm
- Attire: PE uniform
- Food: Must bring own lunch and snacks
- Aim: To continue to develop a connectedness between the two year 9 schools by providing them with a variety of activities to participate in.
- Activities: The activities are student driven and will be run by a selected group of students from St Pat’s and Loreto. The aims of the activities are to promote interaction between both schools.
Next term, in the Middle School, we turn our attention to Naplan Testing, Semester One Examinations and the Melbourne Experience
The Melbourne Experience Objectives include:
- Learn about different aspects of Melbourne
- History, Culture, Arts, Sport, Design and Innovation
- Learn how to use public transport
- How to navigate around the Melbourne CBD
- Develop teamwork and independence skills
- Experience a range of activities across the CBD:
- MCG/Sports Museum Tour, Shrine Tour, NGV Tour, Eureka Skydeck Tour, Melbourne Gaol Tour, Melbourne Museum Tour
Last week of Term Two
Week 10 -“ 19/6 -“ 23/6
Monday -“ Friday.
Please note that there will be a- Parent Information Night in the Pavilion on Wednesday May 3 starting at 7.00pm to explain everything you need to know and plan for in regards to the Melbourne Experience.
The final reminder I will leave you with is that Parent/Student/Teacher Interviews need to be booked online and will be conducted on Tuesday 18th April and Thursday 20th April between 4.00-8.00pm.
I hope that everyone has had a great start to the Middle School and that the Easter Holidays are a time of renewal and reinvigoration in preparation for yet another busy term in the Middle School.