Mos grow at SPC
November 11, 2019
For 11 months of the year students at St Patrick’s College are required to comply with the College’s uniform policy which dictates that boys must be clean-shaven.
The only exception is Movember!
This month students in the Senior School are permitted to join the Movember fundraising campaign in an effort to raise funds for and awareness of men’s health.
Those who are able and allowed to grow a mustache in November as long as they are contributing to the SPC team effort which is seeking to raise more than $7000 for the cause.
To date, our efforts have raised $2709 so we have a bit of a way to go.
The SPC team is comprised of current students and staff. We are inviting all Old Collegians and parents to also consider joining our team.
If you and/or your son would like to participate, please take note of the following steps:
- Log in or sign up at https://au.movember.com
- Search for, and join the ‘SPC BALLARAT’ team – which can be found at:
- If you are a man (or Year 10 or 11 student) – grow a ‘mo’. If you are a lady you can still join the cause, and please have a read here to see how you can be involved:
- Encourage family and friends to donate / sponsor you – which can all be done online now, but you can also download donation forms as well, from the website
- Please encourage and start conversations about the importance of mental health with our boys!
For more information on our Pastoral Care program, please visit this link