Old Boys in the News – February 2022
February 25, 2022
Our Old Boys have been busy, including:
- Get along and support the Elaine Farmgate Shop, owned by Old Collegian Mark Dunne (SPC 1992-97), pictured above, who is opening up its first pick-your-own sunflower farm to raise funds for its expansion. The Farmgate Shop sunflower farm will be open seven days a week until the end of March. To find out more, click here
- Great to see David Canny (SPC 1980-85), Victorian president of the Australian Hotels Association, helping to drive the rebuild of the hospitality industry after two years battling COVID at the Pubs, Pots and Profits event in Ballarat recently at the Red Lion Hotel. To read more, click here
Head to the movies as well and show your support also to Old Collegian Chris Jones (SPC 1988-93) who is delighted to see moviegoers returning after a painful couple of years due to COVID. Read more in this story here
Great to see a well-known business settling in for Old Collegian Paul Foley (SPC 1979-84) after a big move for the business, the first in more than six decades. To read more, click here
- Well done to Adam Stevens (SPC 2010-15) and Thomas Azarnikow (SPC 2007-12) for promoting cancer research in this story here
- Ballarat Regional Tourism chairman Paul Martino (SPC 1979-84) is rapt about Ballarat being chosen to host the Australian Masters Rowing Championships in this story here
- Olympic marathon runner and Old Collegian Steve Moneghetti (SPC 1975-80) was trying something new this year as Ballarat Cycle Classic’s ambassador, find out more here
- Great to see Old Collegian Michael Whitehead (SPC 1968-71) helping to treat healthcare workers to free tickets to watch the Ballarat Lyric Theatre’s re-booted production of We Will Rock You in recognition of their work throughout the pandemic, see this story here
Wonderful to see Paddy Smith (SPC 2002-07) helping in the Rokewood community in this story here
- Great to see the Danny Frawley Centre, in memory of Old Boy Danny Frawley (SPC 1976-79, PY1981) is moving ahead in leaps and bounds with their new website now live. Check out more about the Danny Frawley Centre for Health and Wellbeing here
- Great to see Old Boy Paul Huggett (SPC 1988-93) is helping provide much-needed mental health support amid a surge in demand through his role at Lifeline Ballarat in this story here
Great to see Old Collegian Paul Kochskamper (SPC 1996-2001) encouraging the push for vaccinations in the Indigenous community in his role as practice manager at Ballarat and District Aboriginal Co-operative, read more here
- Great to see Old Boys and former classmates Luke Taylor (SPC 1995-2000) and Tim Canny (SPC 1995-2000) out promoting the Ballarat Cycle Classic in this story here
Good luck to Old Boy Martin Gleeson (SPC 2012) this season with the former Bomber joining the Premier club Uni Blues in 2022, read more in this story here
- Great to hear from Old Boy Andrew Jones (SPC 2014-19) who is working as a groundsman, as well as Zac Evers (SPC 2001-06) who is a senior manager at PwC Australia and Joshua Gilbert (SPC 1997-2002) who is now working as a mortgage broker as well as Robert Holloway (SPC 1977-82) who is a business consultant.
- Great to hear from Chris Bates (SPC 1969-74) who is working from home as a finance manager for a copper gold mine in Panama!
- Great to hear from Old Boy Jamie Crain (SPC 1987-92) who has, in recent times, taken over the role as CEO of Sports Medicine Australia. Well done Jamie!
- Congratulations to Andrew Watson (SPC 1982-87) who has commenced as Director of Catholic Education for the Diocese of Wagga Wagga.
If you have any news on our Old Collegians, please contact Alumni and Foundation Officer Lorrie Liston via email at firstname.lastname@example.org