Performing arts students celebrated at presentation dinner
September 8, 2023
More than 160 people gathered in the OCA Pavilion on Thursday 7 September to celebrate the outstanding achievements of students across the areas of drama, debating, public speaking and music.
The warm energy of the room was testament to the power of the arts in bringing people together and fostering a sense of community.
Attendees were treated to musical performances from Ben Nixon and Oscar Folkes, Riley Hayes’ winning prepared speech, and a video recap of our whole school musical Spamalot.
Some of the major award winners included:
- College Production award (Spamalot) – Xavier Bennett
- Walter Cherry Award (Senior School) – Kadin Long
- Senior Technical Crew Leader – Callum Ballesty
- Performer of the Year (drama) – James Halsall
- Excellence in Public Speaking – Matthew O’Brien
- Joshua Hyde Award for excellence (Senior School Musician) – Aubrey Ripley
- Band Executive Award – James Shaw
- Bandsman of the year – Eamonn Curran
- Performer of the year (music) – Ben Nixon
Head of Drama Monique Allen said it was wonderful to come together and celebrate SPC’s success in the performing arts.
The presentation dinner was one of the last major school events for some of the senior students who graduate in just a few short months, she said.
“On behalf of the drama and music departments I’d like to thank our outgoing captains for their leadership and advocacy for their respective areas across their time at St Pat’s. Thank you for sharing your talents with us,” she said.
“Thank you to all the dedicated staff across each discipline who give of their time, passion, and energy every week for our performers. They go above and beyond to provide the amazing opportunities our students excel in.
“Thank you to the parents, guardians and families who support their child in their chosen field. Their participation could not happen without your assistance.”