September 11 – College update on COVID-19
September 11, 2020
Dear Parents, Carers and Guardians of St Patrick’s College,
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your fantastic support and guidance as we near the end of another incredibly challenging term.
Now, as we approach the end of Term 3 and begin our preparation for the commencement of Term 4, we hope the following update will clarify our planning, scheduling and expectations for this important time.
This lengthy email will address the following key points:
- Victoria’s road map for reopening
- Week 10 of Term 3
- Term Break
- Week 1 of Term 4
- General Achievement Test (GAT) – Wednesday October 7
- Week 2 of Term 4
Victoria’s road map for reopening schools in regional Victoria
The Victorian Government plan for easing coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, at this stage, includes the following decisions about school operations:
- All schools will continue to provide remote and flexible learning for the remainder of Term 3, except specialist schools in rural and regional Victoria, consistent with current settings.
- These changes remain subject to the advice of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
Week 10 of Term 3 (Monday, September 14 – Friday, September 18)
Subject to any further advice:
- Remote learning will continue from Monday, September 14 to Thursday, September 17 for all St Patrick’s College students.
- Friday, September 18 has been designated a student-free day at St Patrick’s College. On this day:
- Teaching staff will use this time to complete corrections, provide student feedback, commence work on the Semester 2 mid-semester reports and continue with preparation for Term 4.
- No online classes will take place on Friday, September 18. On-site supervision for children of eligible workers and vulnerable students will not be available on this day.
Term 3 Break
The College Reception and Shop will be closed in the week commencing Monday, September 21 and will reopen at 9am on Monday, September 28.
VCE Unit 3/4 Trial exams will not be conducted on-site during the term break. Rather, they will be issued to students to be completed at home and submitted when students attend the GAT.
Students in external VET programs may be involved in Essential Assessment requirements during the holiday period. Students will be advised by their training provider.
Week 1 of Term 4 (Monday, October 5 – Friday, October 9)
As per the Victorian Government Roadmap to easing coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions in schools, and subject to any further advice, the following will apply for Week 1 of Term 4:
- Remote and flexible learning will continue for all students, except in specialist schools in rural and regional Victoria.
- VCE and VCAL students can only attend on-site for essential assessments during this week, including the General Achievement Test (GAT) on Wednesday, October 7.
- On-site supervision for children of eligible workers and vulnerable students will continue to be provided consistent with existing guidelines except for Wednesday, October 7.
With this information and scheduling now confirmed, the following will apply in in Week 1 of Term 4:
- Current arrangements for remote and flexible learning will continue for all Years 7-12 students.
- Years 7-10 students will participate in remote classes each day from Monday, October 5 – Friday, October 9.
- Years 11 and 12 students will participate in remote classes on Monday, October 5, Tuesday, October 6, Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9.
- There will be no remote classes for Years 11 or 12 on Wednesday, October 7 due to the General Achievement Test (GAT).
- Subject to further scheduling, VCE and VCAL students will be permitted to attend on-site for essential assessments during this week.
On-site supervision for children of eligible workers and vulnerable students will continue on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday but not be available on Wednesday, October 7. On-site supervision this week will be conducted in ERC003/004 and will not be in the OCA Pavilion.
General Achievement Test (GAT) – Wednesday, October 7
The GAT will be conducted in the OCA Pavilion, the Wilding Wing and the Br W.T. O’Malley Sports Centre. On-site supervision for children of eligible workers and vulnerable students will not be available on this day.
Week 2 of Term 4 (from Monday, October 12)
St Patrick’s College will welcome all staff and students on-site for classes and College business on Monday, October 12.
Once again, this term has presented unprecedented obstacles. I am grateful for the work of College staff for guiding our students to the completion of this term and am also thankful for the support we have received from our parent community at this time.
Have a great weekend.