Teaching and Learning Report – Tutoring Available for students from Year 7-11
August 20, 2021
By Director of Teaching and Learning, Mrs Julia Petrov
We are offering a range of tutoring opportunities for students in Years 7 – 11. VCE Units 3/4 subjects have additional tutoring times set by their faculties.
Students don’t need to attend the whole time and there’s no need to book. We encourage students to just come along to the sessions to get some assistance.
Study skills/techniques tutoring (Years 7-11)
Learning about how to learn (metacognition and self-regulated learning) can have a positive impact on a student’s academic results. By spending ten minutes with a study skills coach, students can receive individual support to help manage their learning. Tutoring sessions will be available Thursdays during lunch and after school between 3.30-4.30 pm in the KRC.
These sessions will be for any years 7-11 students who are needing support or help with:
* Study techniques
* Study organization
* Time management for study/homework
MATHS TUTORING/STUDY GROUP (Years 7-12)
Students in Years 7 – 12 can get extra assistance with their Maths work at the following times.
- Monday – Lunchtime (1:10-1:50pm) – KRC (Years 7-10) – Mrs Browning
- Monday – After school (3:30-4:30pm) – KRC (Years 7-10) – Mrs Browning
- Tuesday – Before school (8:00-845am) – WIL004 (Years 7-12) – Mr Corden
- Tuesday – Lunchtime (1:10-1:50pm) – KRC (Years 7-10) – Mrs Browning
- Tuesday – After school (3:30-4:30pm) – KRC (Years 7-10) – Mrs Browning
- MATHS STUDY GROUP – Tuesday – After School (3:30-4:30pm) – WIL004 (Years 7-12) – Mr Corden
Students don’t need to attend the whole time and there is no need to book.
This is open to any student looking for:
- Help with their classwork
- Help with their homework
- A place to study
- A place to challenge themselves with puzzles, problem solving and games
- An opportunity to help other students with their maths
English and Humanities Tutoring (Years 7 – 10)
Based in the KRC tutoring is available during lunch and after school on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday during lunch and after school between 3.30-4.30 pm.
During Remote Learning, students should refer to Daily Messages in SIMON to book time with a tutor – we will conduct this via Teams.