The St Patrick’s College Old Collegians Association was first formed in 1899, just six years after the opening of the College.The Association was highly successful in the early years of the College’s history due in no small part to the work on Br Foran who took an active interest in all past students and encouraged them to remain in contact with the College. Since those early days the challenge of keeping students in touch with the College and assisting the College in providing boys with first class educational opportunities has been taken up by a number of prominent old boys.In the past few years the OCA has supported the College by:
- Raising more than $500,000 to construct a the Old Collegians Association Pavilion, overlooking the Main Oval, and a similar amount for the new Boarding Precinct;
- Helping to publish The Shamrock, the bi-annual magazine for the wider College community;
- Conducting regional dinners and reunion events;
- Co-ordinating Annual Celebration Dinners and the OCA Golf Day; and
- Contributing financial support for scholarships while also assisting Old Collegians representing Australia in a variety of pursuits.
Today, the Old Collegians Association is as strong as ever, thanks to a dedicated committee.
President: Allan McKinnon
Vice President: Chris Torpy
Treasurer: David Adam
Secretary: Stephen Kirby
Committee members: Shane Hayes, Ben Martin, Paul Speechley, Stephen McMahon, David McMahon, Charlie Flynn, Will Rothe, Simon McAloon, Peter Howley, Kieran Murnane and Peter Wilson (ex-Officio).
The Principal and the Director of Community Development also sit on the OCA Committee as ex-officio members.
New committee members are always welcome – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the committee.
To become a member of the Old Collegians Association please download the registration form below and return to the College.
Life Membership $200
Annual Membership $20
If you’ve recently changed address or have a new phone number or email account you can easily update your details with the College and the OCA using this link .