In Easter 2021 the College had planned host a two-week tour to France, Belgium and England to explore famous and historic sites associated with World Wars I and II. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this trip has been delayed indefinitely.
We hope to be able to reschedule this trip in the future and, when we do, it will be a trip of a lifetime to students who will be in Years 10, 11 and 12 next year.
The itinerary will take us to Paris, Normandy, Amiens, Ypres, Dunkirk and London. Some of the highlights will include:
• Napoleon’s Tomb in Paris at the Hotel des Invalides
• The Chateau de Versailles
• The beaches of Normandy, where Old Collegian Les Coleman landed with Allied troops on D-Day in 1944.
• Battlefields of the Somme including Pozieres, Fromelles and Tyne Cot.
• Visiting the Australian War Memorial at Villers-Brettoneux.
• Walking in the footsteps of the diggers as part of a platoon experience.
• The Last Post ceremony at Menin Gate.
• Flanders Field Museum.
• Tours of the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, Churchill’s War Rooms and Bletchley Park.
We firmly believe that not only is it of vital importance that students learn about the history of Australians involved in conflict, but that by providing an immersion experience students will be well equipped to work toward preventing such tragedies in the future.
|If you do not have a passport, please begin the application process ASAP.
|Fundraising efforts may be organised to help fund before the trip.
Payment schedules will be arranged through the College Finance Office.
Additional costs will include an SPC backpack and tour hoodie, history book, spending money and some meals.
|The trip will consist of students enrolled in Years 10, 11 and 12.
Preference will be given to senior History students, with a broader field being considered in the future.
|Mr Matt Miller
Mr Paul Nolan
Mrs Elizabeth Ryan
Mr Shane Murphy
Mrs Angela Van Berkel
Tour guide supplied by Latitude.
What do I do next?
|Mr Matt Miller
Head of Humanities
03 5322 4475
Director of Community Development
03 5322 4450